These positive quotes about marriage sum up what love and married life are all about. Spread the positivity!
These positive quotes about marriage sum up everything there is to know about a happy relationship. If you are in a healthy, successful, long-term marriage, you’ll surely agree with each of these sayings about love. Marriage is so beautiful, but only if there is understanding, friendship, patience, faith, respect, love, and trust.
Enjoy the following positive quotes about marriage and share them with whoever needs to hear them. Which one do you think is the most inspiring? Choose your favorite quote about love and let us know in the comments section below!
1. This positive quote about marriage is so true! A piece of paper won’t guarantee your happiness. You need love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith for things to last.
“Marriage doesn’t guarantee you will be together forever, it’s only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith to make it last.”
2. Marriage is all about taking the journey together.
“Marriage is… sharing life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way, and arriving at every destination… together.” – Fawn Weaver
3. This quote is on point: great marriages don’t just happen. They need work.
“Great marriages don’t happen by luck or by accident. They are the result of a consistent investment of time, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, affection, prayer, mutual respect, and a rock-solid commitment between a husband and wife.” – Dave Willis
4. As this quote says, problems aren’t supposed to end our love, but to guide us through the beautiful journey of marriage.
“Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.”- Robert H. Schuller.
5. The secret to an indestructible marriage is the will to fight for each other. Always remember that you and your spouse are on the same team.
“There is no challenge strong enough to destroy your marriage as long as you are both willing to stop fighting against each other and start fighting for each other.” – Dave Willis
6. The key to a happy marriage is not changing or molding your spouse into someone ‘better’. A happy marriage is all about embracing your differences, flaws, and imperfections. It’s about loving each other for who you are. Because you’re both perfect as imperfect as you are.
“A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
7. Anyone who’s happily married will agree with this positive quote. You don’t just fall into a perfect marriage. You build it, nourish it, and make it perfect. It takes work and a lot of love.
“A good marriage isn’t something you find, it’s something you make, and you have to keep on making it.” – Gary Thomas
8. Over the years, people change. We grow, we evolve, we mature, and so do the people we’re married to. If we want our marriages to last, we must fall in love with each other, over and over again.
“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
9. OMG, this positive quote describes marriage so beautifully.
“A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.”-Andre Maurois.
10. A strong marriage is all about having each other’s backs and being strong for each other in our weakest moments.
“A strong marriage rarely has two strong people at the same time. It is a husband and wife who take turns being strong for each other in the moments when the other feels weak.” – Ashley Willis
11. A happy marriage takes two people who choose each other not just when then sign the papers, but every single day.
“A strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.” – Dave Willis
12. Such a beautiful quote about marriage. Lovely saying!
“You don’t marry one person, you marry three: the person you think they are, the person they are, and the person they are going to become as a result of being married to you.” – Richard Needham
13. This quote is so true! A happy marriage requires not only love but also friendship. Finding your best friend in your spouse is the best thing that can happen to you.
“Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
14. No matter how perfect the marriage, there will always be disagreements. What matters is you don’t disagree on what really matters.
“A husband and wife may disagree on many things, but they must absolutely agree on this: to never ever give up.”
15. Remember, the wedding is just the first, tiny step of your marriage
“You’ll need a lot of love for your relationship to blossom. Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” – Tom Mullen
16. I’m sure you agree with this quote: in a happy marriage, you create memories, forgive each other’s mistakes, and stand by each other, always.
“A happy marriage is about three things: memories of togetherness, forgiveness of mistakes, and a promise to never give up on each other.” – Surabhi Surendra
17. Make the most of your time together. And make each other laugh every day. Having fun together is the best part of marriage.
“Don’t let days go by where you don’t smile and hug each other. Making dumb jokes and cuddling together over a beer and a movie (or doing whatever you both love together) is one of the best parts of marriage. Don’t ever take that for granted.” – Preeti Moberg
18. It’s not about seeing the world with the same eyes, but about looking in the same direction.
“The goal in marriage is not to think alike, but to think together.” – Robert C Dodds
19. This quote says more beautifully, but the point is: things will change, and every day will be different and more beautiful.
“Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall: ever-changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.” – Fawn Weaver
20. Love has never been about the things we buy together, the money or the possessions. It’s all about the moments, big and small, we spend together. They are the ones that create our love story.
“Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” – Jennifer Smith